Train at the Duluth and Iron Range Railroad Company Depot in Two Harbors Minnesota. To move ore from Minnesota's iron ranges to steel plants near the eastern Great Lakes, companies had to develop extensive transportation systems.
The Minnesota Iron Company laid the tracks of the Duluth & Iron Range Railroad Company (1883-84), platted the townsite of Two Harbors where the rail line reached Lake Superior (1885), and built this imposing depot (1907) to serve its business interests in the region.
July 22nd, 2012
Viewed 2,220 Times - Last Visitor from Warrington, P2 - United Kingdom on 11/26/2022 at 3:26 PM