Jefferson Barracks, one of the National Cemetery Administrations oldest interment sites, has served as a burial place soldiers from all wars. The original military post was built south of St. Louis, Mo., on the banks of the Mississippi River to replace Fort Bellefontaine. Selected for its strategic geographic location, the post was opened in 1826. Jefferson Barracks became the armyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s first permanent base west of the Mississippi River. By the 1840s, it was the largest military establishment in the United States. During the Civil War, Jefferson Barracks served as a training post for the Union Army. There was also a hospital at the post for the Union armyÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s sick and wounded. The Cemetery is located approximately 30 miles Southeast of Lambert International Airport. From the airport take first right after leaving Airport Drive. Travel approximately one mile, then turn left onto Interstate 70 to Interstate 270 south approximately 24 miles. Turn left onto the Telegraph Road exit. Travel north to third traffic signal and turn right onto Sheridan Road. The cemetery is on your right.
1 - 11 of 11 jefferson barracks national cemetery wall art for sale
Results: 11Filters (1)
Round Beach Towels
Weekender Tote Bags
Portable Batteries Chargers